2 lbs of shrimp (skin removed)
4 cups of beer
2 tbsps lime juice
½ cup onions (chopped)
¾ cup green chili (chopped)
1 cup rice
¼ tsp pepper
1 laurel leaf
3 tbsps margarine
½ cup mushrooms (sliced)
2 pimiento (sliced)
How to Cook Rice and Shrimps
1. Wash and drain well the shrimps.
2. Mix in the beer, lime juice, chili, salt, and laurel leaf with the shrimps.
3. Let it boil for 5 minutes more.
4. Drain and remove from the broth.
5. Melt the margarine in a big pan.
6. Add the onions and rice.
7. Cook in medium heat.
8. Continue stirring to prevent from sticking on the pan.
9. When the rice is a bit red, add in the broth, chili.
10. Let it cook for 35 to 40 minutes until the rice is cooked.
11. Before serving, drizzle some cheese, salt and pepper.
12. Serve rice with the shrimps.