We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links at no extra cost to you.
No doubt, aesthetics is playing a significant role in making your meal attractive and worth eating.
Japanese ramen bowl is recommended to use with a complete set which consists of spoons and chopsticks.
For the best ramen bowl, multiple elements should be considered like its weight, exterior design, and shape.
The best one can be differentiated from its overall design, shape, and it’s best suited for ramen dishes. A good bowl brings ease and fascination to your meal and also contains a balanced ratio of food quantity.
To help you in your choice, here are some essential factors that you must consider while purchasing the right ramen bowl:
Material of the bowl:
The most used material for Ramen Bowls are:
- Melamine –Ware
- Steel body
Ceramic Ramen Bowl:
The best choice for all types of users is ceramic ramen bowl. It’s the best quality bowl available in the market, it keeps your food hot for a longer period of time.
Ceramics bowl are easily washable and safe to use in the microwave. Keep the bowl washed properly after every each use, this keeps it clean for a long period of time.
Melamine Ramen Bowl:
This bowl is special because when it’s used hot, the exterior part will remain normal and it’s very easy for the user to hold the bowl by hands. Normally melamine bowls are light in weight compared to ceramics ones. They are also more durable and do not break easily.
For home usage, it is a good option because it’s safe even for kids too. It’s easy to wash but cannot be overheated in the microwave.
Not a preferred option to be used for ramen dishes, but it is available in the market in less prices. The major drawback of using steel bowls are heat transfer and rust. Because of these two drawbacks, it’s less in demand as compared to melamine and ceramics.
Size of the bowl:
The size of the bowl plays a significant role, it must be big enough so that it can easily include the broth, noodles, and toppings in it. The larger the size of the bowl, the better it would be.
Ramen bowls come in different sizes and mostly used sizes are:
- 5 Inch Size Bowl
- 7.5 inches: Mostly used for home purpose
- 8,9 and 10 inches : mostly used by restaurants
The noodles, soups, and toppings should take up between 70-80% of the bowl, with the rest being left empty. This ensures that it is easy to use the chopsticks to pick up the toppings or noodles, and for the spoon to pick up the soup, without any spillage or mess.
The presentation is essential for the meal’s satisfaction. So, you would want to get a bowl that has a beautiful design. It depends on which type of interior you will prefer and as per your liking!
One would always want the ramen bowl to be durable whether they cook ramen daily or occasionally. The first choice is to get a Japanese ramen bowl, which is unbreakable and durable. If the material is high-grade, then the bowl will not break easily.
To prevent this issue, you need to make sure to have a Japanese ramen bowl of high-grade material and wich is also dishwasher safe. You can also find insulated bowls that are heat-resistant nowadays. This will keep your food fresh and warm even after an hour!
Weight of the Japanese Ramen bowl:
Just because you need large bowls doesn’t mean that they must be heavy. It would help if you searched for lightweight and durable bowls, as after eating the noodles in the bowl, you will be sipping the broth by lifting the bowl, that must be lightweight.
💡 You can check our Delicious Ramen recipes Here
To help you choose a good Japanese ramen bowl, we have listed the following Japanese ramen bowls :
- Best for use as a set :11 Pieces Premium Ceramic XL Large Ramen Bowls Set
- Best for holding large quantities : Kimi Cuisine 2 Sets of Ramen Bowl
- Best for heat protection : Ceramic Japanese Ramen Noodle Soup Bowl
- Best design: BICETTO Japanese Ramen Bowl Set
- Best quality-price ratio: Vallenwood 4 Noodle Bowl Melamine Large Ramen Bowls Set
- Best for gifts : Happy Sales Japanese Ramen Udon Noodle Bowl
Best for use as a set: 11 Pieces Premium Ceramic XL Large Ramen Bowls Set
This Japanese Ramen bowl set comes with two 54 oz ceramic bowls, 2 Ramen spoons and chopsticks set, 2 matching forks and 2 double chopstick stands. It comes in white color and can be used for various dishes such as Indian curry, Chinese food, and Vietnamese dishes such as Pho. The bowls are available on two sizes (7″ and 10″)
- Made from sturdy materials and is long-lasting.
- The ceramic bowl can be used in the microwave and dishwasher without facing any heat damage.
- The 10″ size bowl can hold a large amount of food.
- Easy to clean.
- Upon falling, there is a high risk of the bowl breaking as it is made from ceramic.
- It weighs 4.99 pounds and maybe heavy for some individuals.
REVIEWS BY USERS
Most of the reviews suggested that the product was up to the quality that it was marketed at. Its thickness helps keep the food warm for a longer period and its smooth surface was easy to hand wash.
This large and sturdy bowl is a good utensil to have in your kitchen and the extra items that come with it prove to be a good addition to the set. This Ramen bowl set is also long-lasting and user friendly.
Best for holding large quantities: Kimi Cuisine 2 Sets of Ramen Bowl (Black Melamine)
This set of Ramen noodle bowls comes in a pack of two in black color with a solid asiatic pattern, and two sets of chopsticks and two ladles. It’s available on two sizes (7″ and 10″).
It has a volume of 37 oz and can serve multiple dishes. The dimensions of the package are 11.61 x 10.04 x 4.13 inches, and it weighs 2.51 pounds.
- It’s made from food-grade melamine and it’s light in weight.
- The melamine material also makes the bowl sturdy and difficult to break.
- The packing is elegant which make it great for gifting.
- Each set comes with a ladle and chopsticks
- The texture is slightly rough and difficult to clean.
- The bowls scratch easily as well.
- chopsticks may lose their finish after the first wash.
REVIEWS BY USERS
While some customers had a problem with the texture of the bowels, almost everyone thought that the set was very useful and a good purchase. The chopstick rest is an additional tool that users appreciated and most of them were happy with the quality of the product.
This Japanese Ramen bowl set serves its purpose as the name suggests and it is something worth buying. It can be used to hold foods of various kinds and shall be a good addition to your kitchen ustensils.
Best for heat protection: Ceramic Japanese Ramen Noodle Soup Bowl
This authentic Japanese Ramen bowl is handcrafted from thick and durable materials. The bowls can hold a volume of 50 oz and. These 9″ bowls come in black/grey color in a set of 2 with matching chopsticks and spoons.
- Easy to clean and wash by hand or to put into the dishwasher.
- Made from long-lasting ceramic.
- The bowls are sturdy and do not easily break.
- The bowls may be smaller than advertised and do not hold as much liquid.
REVIEWS BY USERS
Most of the users who purchased this set are happy with it and appreciate its large size and durability. However, some complained that they did not receive the entire set and that the bowls do not hold as much liquid as in the product description.
This ceramic Japanese Ramen bowl can hold a good quantity of ramen and is heat resistant which is a great plus point. Moreover, it’s long-lasting and an useful utensil for multiple dishes.
Best design: BICETTO Japanese Ramen Bowl Set
The bowls are made from glossy-glazed ceramic whilst the spoons and chopsticks are made from well-polished wood.
- Can be used in the dishwasher and microwave.
- Eating in it creates a restaurant-like experience.
- Made of non-toxic materials, Lead-Free & Cadmium Free.
- The large size makes it heavy.
- The glossy coating may wear off.
REVIEWS BY USERS
Most customers were pleased with this product and enjoyed their eating experience with this Japanese ramen bowl set.
Best quality-price ratio: Vallenwood 4 Noodle Bowl Melamine Large Ramen Bowls Set
- Sturdy and unbreakable material
- The bowls are long-lasting and can withstand heat.
- Easy to clean and their color does not fade.
- A little pricey compared to the quality being provided.
- chopsticks and spoons are not long-lasting.
Best for gifts: Happy Sales Japanese Ramen Udon Noodle Bowl
This Japanese ramen bowl set comes with a chopstick set and cute design on the bowl with cats all over it. It can hold 16 ounces of liquid and is 5″tall.
- Microwave and dishwasher safe.
- Different colors variations to choose from
- The perfect gift for any occasion.
- The material is durable and does not break easily.
- The size is small for the price.
If you’re looking for a restaurant-like experience at home, then you can think of adding a Japanese ramen bowl to your list!
If your budget is tiny, but you’re looking for good quality, go for Vallenwood 4 Noodle Bowl Melamine Large Ramen Bowls Set.
We hope this guide has helped you choose the best Japanese ramen bowl on the market for you and your kitchen.
Whichever type of set you choose, it will surely be a nice addition to your kitchen. And you will be able to bring that wonderful exotic touch by making Asian meals, which will definitely delight your guests.