Tamago–dofu is a Japanese savory egg custard that usually served cold as an appetizer. The texture is cold, smooth, soft and light, so it’s good for the summer dish.
Making and tasting Tamagodofu is similar to chawanmushi, When we eat the chawanmushi, we can enjoy combination with various ingredients. On the other hand, there are very few ingredients, we enjoy smooth texture and dashi flavor of tamagodofu.
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup (200ml) dashi stock
• 2 teaspoons soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons mirin (optional)
• 1 pinch salt
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon mirin (optional)Equipments
1. Preheat the oven to 302 ℉ (150℃) and boil the water. Beat the egg well and put into the dashi, soy sauce, mirin, and salt. Mix all ingredients well.
Pour the sauce, garnish with grated ginger, mituba leaves, or yuzu citrus.
2. If you don’t have bonito dashi, you can use the vegetable stock instead.
If you need some other egg recipes, here! EGG RECIPES